I bought the Groupon deal for my wife. She submitted her request according to the instruction.

She received one system-generated automatic response telling her that she will get a professional response/edit within two weeks. Most of jobs posting in this area has a turn around time of one week. Two weeks is not an acceptable time frame for this type of service. Regardless, I told her it would be a good start as she can adjust her cover letter/resume to fit any position.

However, it's been more than a month. She still hasn't received any feedback from the company.

There are some personal information in the resume. I wonder what this company is handling the information as they are not doig anything with the resume and cover letter submitted.

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #782591

STAY AWAY AMERICA !!!!! Purchased off of Groupn

never got a draft let alone a final draft !

They now answer

phone but will tell you they are still working on

the resume !!! This is done to keep them in the scam

business !!!!

Resume writer was a type A *** ! :( :(

I agree. Smashing Resumes took almost two months to return the final draft and cover letter. Both were garbage.

They basically take your resume and change the text. Not a single word was edited on my resume.

The cover letter was horrible as well. Used a couple of bullets from resume and placed them in a scripted cover letter.

DO NOT USE SMASHING RESUMES. Pay a friend in the career field you want to get into a few beers instead.

marcellem

I bought a groupon for Smashing Resumes ($75 for supposedly a $180 value) which was the worst thing I ever did to save money. I uploaded the information and it's been 3 1/2 weeks and I still have not received my resume and cover letter.

I have called them several times but you only get a recording. I have emailed them and gotten standard responses. I have gone to the website and chatted with people that are supposedly human. I have complained to groupon.

I still have not gotten my resume.

Nobody should invest their money with this company. Nobody!

I have had the exact same experience. I believe this is a scam.